Today is the day that I realized... I think too much.
But about what? I mean pointless things really in the thick of it all.
Like, what should I wear today? if I wear it will I still look as ridiculous as I did
wearing it last week? What Am I doing today, how will it affect my coming week/weekend? Should I do this, should I do that? How come my ex is such an idiot? and Should I go and see Julie and Julia tomorrow with my best friend?
All questions that are really pointless when you think about it. But who deems what is pointless, and what is meaningful? Who gets to say what is vital and what gets lost forever? Well. You do.
I wrote a poem because well... I need to tell myself to stop thinking so much.
Title: The way of Thoughts
Like the feeling of a fast sinking ship lost out at sea.
Like the slow freezing of a glass of water as the ice permeates the surface and claims the water as it's prisoner.
I become lost to my thoughts.
Soon I won't exsist and the thoughts will float aimlessly within me
searching... waiting for someone to think them.
And all I will be is an empty shell.
I don't want to be the one on the sinking ship, thinking and worrying if I am going to live or die.
I want to be the one on the sandy beach, looking into the clear blue sky,
Watching as the ship sinks, and saying "Oh well."
Friday, September 11, 2009
...Too much?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment