BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Not everyone likes Chinese.

So.. here's the deal:
I was at lunch today with my mom, a Chinese food restaurant that we go to fairly often. Now the service there is always quite nice, and the food, top notch (In my opinion.) Anyways, we had only been there about.. oh say.. 20 minutes? And we notice a bit of a commotion in the booth behind us. My mom raises her eyebrows, cautiously looks around and sees that one of the waitresses was standing there and the wife of the family in said booth was trying to explain something to her. I listened and it sounded like the woman was displeased with something or other, and at first it seemed like your harmless "Oh, something is wrong with my [insert random food item here], can I have another?" Haha, not this time.
Me and my mom didn't quite get the whole story until the woman and her family had left. But believe me, by the time they did, I wanted to turn around and slap a hoe!
After they had left, the same waitress came to our table and upon seeing the confused looks we gave her, she explained thus:
It turns out that this particular family had been there on more than one occasion. Everytime they came, she would ask for ONE soda, I repeat ONE soda for her TWO children to share. Since there was only one soda, and two children, she ended up wanting refills more often. Now the very nice waitress who was just doing her job and trying to make in easier for them, thought, "Hey, maybe I'll bring out two glasses this time so the kids don't have to share and they will ask for less refills!"
So she does this, (and this is where we know the story from) and when the lady sees the two cups, I swear to god it was like something in her own little "what-I-think-is-perfect" world came crashing down and she lost it. She looks up at the nice little waitress like "OH No you diddenttt!" and this is what she says to her. "Excuse me? Why did you bring me two cups? I specifically asked for one!" and as the waitress tries to explain the lady cuts her off with this rediculous rant!
Woman: "So yeah, we don't NEED two cups because we're not FAT PEOPLE! And I only asked for one! You know what I bet you just want your extra $2! That's it ! You just did it to get the money! We'll I"m not paying for the extra one cause this is America and what I say goes... you're not from America you just work here and you are trying to rip me off! Cause you just want your $2! I'm never coming back here again with service like this!"
Waitress: -stunned silence- ((I imagine by now she's thinking, "Fine, go! Good riddance!" ))
Woman: -redundancy and repeated words, blah blah bullshit-

SO the waitress rings them up and they leave and I am sitting there FUMING about that idiot woman and how she could be so hard on a girl who's just trying to make your stupid life easier! I was so proud that the waitress just stood there and took it! I would have taken that woman down! ...and they probably would have fired me!
And anyways, it turns out that every time they came she always said "I'm never coming here again!" I bet that made them wish they stuck to their promises and never came back.
Oh well, I guess you can't please everyone.

0 comments: